Working for Allied Protek
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Our future growth and success at Allied Protek solely relies on the people we employ. And that’s why we want to employ individuals who are talented, innovative and eager to learn. We enjoy nurturing younger talent and have employed a number of apprentices over the years – we even have a dedicated apprenticeship programme to finding and funding youngsters.
Alongside apprenticeships, we also employ a range of workers from keen engineering graduates to the more experienced, such as project managers and those in our designated leadership teams. We take great care in providing our employees with an enjoyable working environment and, with over 80 staff in our company, we make sure each and every individual is content.
If you believe working at Allied Protek would be a good fit for you, please see our latest vacancies page. If there are none suitable, we welcome speculative applications and can register your interest with us by filling in our quick form.
We’re keen to nurture young talent and are committed to employing apprentices in various departmental areas. Over the years, we have successfully employed apprentices whom have achieved qualifications in sheet metal working and, as such, have continued with employment at Allied Protek.
Candidates who are passionate about the following areas should consider joining our apprenticeship scheme:
» Sheet Metal Workers
» Design and Draughting
» Mechanical Fitting
If you would like to discuss any apprenticeship opportunities with Allied Protek, please contact the HR Department on 01472 897503, or email email@example.com.
Current vacancies with Allied Protek are listed below. If there are no jobs available at the moment, or you are interested in another department with our company, please register your interest by filling in our website form.
Sheet Metal Worker
We are currently looking for time served Sheet Metal Workers who hold either an NVQ or City & Guilds in Sheet Metal work. We require the candidates to be competent in working with stainless steel and possess the ability to weld in both TIG and MIG to a good standard.
You should be able to interpret engineering drawing to aid you in the manufacture of sheet metal fabrications.
You will need to be highly organised, with the ability to follow instructions, have a comprehensive understanding of health and safety regulations and an ability to work on your own initiative with problem solving capabilities. At times you will be working under pressure and to deadlines, but at all times you will need excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills.
Ideally you will also hold an SPA although this is not essential as full training will be given.
This vacancy is to start as a 9 month contract with a view to becoming a permanent position for the right candidate. You should be able to travel and be prepared to work away from home occasionally.
To apply please attach your CV and complete the form below.
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Operations and Manufacturing Manager to join our highly skilled team based in Grimsby. The main purpose of the role is to plan and control manufacturing deliverable by utilising LEAN manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will have a background in fabrication or component assembly, a strong communicator at all levels and will be a strong leader.
- Manage safety within the workshop environment
- Develop lean manufacturing guidelines
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be client facing when necessary
- Read, analyse and process AutoCAD manufacture drawings
- Plan and control manufacturing deliverables
- Ordering and scheduling of materials
- Identify areas for improvement
- Have a good understanding of established manufacturing, fabrication and GMP techniques
- ISO BE EN 1090
- ISO 9001
- Resource planning, minimise non-chargeable hours and efficient use
- Safe integration of semi-skilled operatives into manufacturing department
- Supporting site activities with resources where necessary
- Contribute to the Operational Improvement Strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- Commercial control to avoid overspends on materials, labour and equipment
- Contract control, ensuring key deliverables are met
- Assist with costing manufacturing when necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BTEC, HNC / HND or degree in a related field
- Or a background in engineering management
- Experience working managing contracts
- LEAN Manufacturing experience
- Strong IT Competencies; Microsoft Software: Projects, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD: Interrogate 2D Drawings
- The ability to participate and make effective contribution in group meetings
- A creative problem solver
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Strong organisation and management skills to manage several projects and to motivate colleagues and staff to achieve deadlines
- Integrity and professionalism at all times
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be client facing when necessary with strong negotiation skills
Manchester Regional Office
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager with a background in engineering management. You should have a BTEC, HNC/HND or a degree in a related field. APM or PMI Accreditation are essential.
The candidate must be able to establish project structure, roles and responsibilities. The ability to comply with legal requirements for health and safety, establish safe working practises and levels of control throughout the project is essential.
You will need to possess the skill to prepare construction assessments and phasing schemes. Experience in managing sub-contractors is desirable as you will be required to manage the clients expectations and build relationships. We will expect the candidate to ensure timely submittal of accurate timesheets for people under your control. We would expect timely communication of resources, design, manufacture and installation.
You should be able to travel and be prepared to work away from home occasionally.
To apply please attach your CV and complete the form below.